Saturday, October 24, 2009

Docus and Social Issues..:D

According to my Teacher, The students at our Institution are Heartless Insensitive Pathetic people. *but trust me, we are more than what really meets the eye* She really wanted us to prove her wrong, so she gave us this project. We were told to make a documentary about any social issue here in our community. Well at first it was easy, imagine getting to go around the city, video cams in hand and talking like a reporter, well who would not want it. but really making the Documentary is really hard. Here is my full report:

Since we were only given a week to make it we needed to think of one social issue that is really good..and we need to think of it fast..and when we were thinking suddenly my group member said I know a child who is working and does not eat. I said that would be perfect. So we met with him on September 19 a Saturday, and I was so exhausted since I just took the ACET which by the way was so draining, so me and my group mates went to the place where this guy lived and actually talked to him. and like every child, he too has its own story to tell.. He is one unique child, he is forced to work since his parents kicked him out of their own home. Imagine that, he could not eat, even up to five days and his life is really difficult. the next next day after the interview, September 21 we treated the child, we shared our life to him. and when the day was over I realized and Learned a lot of things...

As I kept remembering his story, I realized that I should be grateful to my parents for covering my eyes and not letting me see the realities of life. I realized that my life is not so bad, sure it may be rough at times but even if life gives me a headache it is still my life and it should be treasured since not all people have the privilege and the life that I am enjoying right now. I should not complain about how I hate my life and how my life sucks because people out there are enjoying their lives no matter how hard it is. they still try their best to see the brighter side of their miserable lives.

I know that child labor is not an uncommon issue. The story has been told a lot of times and everyone is aware of it. what we are not aware of is the many different reasons why these children work in order for them to survive, sure these children may look happy, well they are, but they need someone to share their story to. so Go listen Tell the world and Learn from them.:)

No comments: